Dilshad joined the Firm in 1998 and has since then been primarily involved in matters related to intellectual property, corporate and commercial law. After working with the firm for a decade, Dilshad moved to Australia and returned to the firm in late 2016 after spending 8 years in Australia. During her time in Australia, Dilshad worked in the legal department of the Australian Wheat Board, and in the firm of Thomsons Lawyers in their commercial and taxation team, and also in the firm of FB Rice, one of the top five patent attorney firms in Australia. Dilshad is a senior associate in the Karachi office of the Firm and continues to be involved in corporate and commercial matters, but primarily specializes in intellectual property matters.
• Advising corporate and individual clients engaged in the field of pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, retail, oil and gas, telecommunications, information technology on matters concerning maintenance and enforcement of Intellectual Property rights (trademarks, copyrights, anti-counterfeiting). Areas of expertise include advising on trademark availability, oppositions, rectifications, infringements and cancellation/revocation actions.
• Advising and representing major European clients in Intellectual Property disputes involving trademarks, copyrights, and other related rights.
• Appearing before the High Court and the Trademark Tribunals for multi-national companies involving Intellectual Property rights in Pakistan.
• Developing cost-effective strategies for clients for the enforcement of Intellectual Property rights in Pakistan.
Governance and Compliance
Advised one of Pakistan’s largest state-owned multinational upstream oil and gas companies in connection with its legal governance and compliance obligations in Pakistan.
Mergers & Acquisitions, Restructuring
• Advising in the acquisition of shares by a world leading tank storage company in a local company in Pakistan including undertaking due diligence exercise of local companies and advising on filings with the anti-trust authority in Pakistan.
• Sindh Bar Council
• Karachi Bar Association
• Sindh High Court Bar Association
• International Trademarks Association (INTA)
• Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
• Inter Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
• International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
• Pakistan Industrial and Intellectual Property Association
• Volunteers for various Zoroastrian organizations based in Karachi
• Anti-Counterfeiting Committee of the International Trademarks Association
• Standing Committee for Trademarks of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property