Nahl was called to the Bar at the Hon’ble Society of Lincoln’s Inn in the year 2013. She has been practising as an advocate before the High Court of Sindh in Karachi for 10 years and represents clients in a wide variety of contentious matters before the courts.
Nahl started her litigation career at Mohsin Tayebaly & Co. and practised at Fazle Ghani Advocates before joining Vellani & Vellani. She practices predominantly in areas of commercial and corporate litigation including tax and shipping, property matters as well as banking, intellectual property, media, rent and administration matters. Nahl also advises clients on family and custody matters.
• Advising foreign companies on developing legal strategy prior to filing proceedings before the High Court of Sindh;
• Advising a multinational corporation on the applicability of recent amendments made in tax law;
• Advising a local major bank on whether bonus paid to its employees was in accordance with the Prudential Regulations;
• Representing a major bank before the High Court of Sindh at Karachi in a banking case and successfully obtaining an interim injunction against the defendant;
• Representing clients in a wide variety of property matters relating to properties that fall within the jurisdiction of (i) Board of Revenue, (ii) Karachi Development Authority, and (iii) Cooperatives Union;
• Representing clients in property matters relating to illegal construction and commercialization and successfully obtaining interim orders against the same;
• Representing private employees in cases related to unpaid salaries and benefits;
• Representing employees and employers in cases relating to labour law;
• Representing companies in petitions relating to vires of provisions of the Companies Act, 2017 and Code of Corporate Governance, 2019.
• Sindh High Court Bar Association
• Sindh Bar Council
• Karachi Bar Association
• Inter Pacific Bar Association
University of London, International Programme | LLB (Hons.) | 2009-2012
City University, UK & Lincoln’s Inn | Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) | 2012 - 2013